Health Matters Train-the-Trainer WorkshopEstablishing an Exercise and Nutrition Health Education Program for Adults with DD
This evidenced-based 6-hour training provides structured information on how to organize and start a tailored physical activity and health education program for adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD) in community-based residential and day/vocational agencies. The training can enhance staff's skills, knowledge, and abilities to work with persons who have disabilities to become more physically active, make healthy food choices, and incorporate healthy lifestyle into daily living.
People working with individuals who have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Start and implement a physical activity and health education program,
- Motivate and engage individuals with I/DD in a physical activity and health education,
- Teach core concepts related to physical activity and nutrition,
- Support individuals with I/DD to incorporate physical activity and healthy lifestyles into activities of daily living, and
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your health promotion program.
Please see sample agenda
All instructors have been offering training to people with I/DD and community-based organizations serving people with disabilities for the past decade both locally and nationally. They have extensive practical and theoretical experience in developing and implementing exercise and health education classes for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
1. UIC-Based Training: $250/person includes training materials and Health Matters: The Exercise and Nutrition Health Education Curriculum for People with Developmental Disabilities. We offer a 20% discount to organizations that register 3+ participants. Please add extra $10 for CEUs.
2. On-Site Training: We will travel to your agency and provide training. Please contact us for cost and additional information.
Health Matters for People with Developmental Disabilities: Creating a Sustainable Health Promotion Program
Six CEUs provided for Nursing Home Administrators, QSP, Social Workers (LCSW, LSW, LPC, LCPC), Speech Language Pathologists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists
For more information on scheduling a workshop please contact Jasmina Sisirak at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-996-3982.