What Steps Do I Take When I Need Help with Disability Questions?
NOND board members welcome the opportunity to speak with you if you do not find what you need on our website.
You also will want to contact these resources, according to your specific needs:
- For protection, advocacy, and legal assistance, contact your state National Disability Rights Network. Be sure to click on your state so that you get relevant and timely information.
- For assistance with the ADA, contact the Americans with Disabilities Act Technical Assistance Centers. Learning about the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 will help you to understand how the ADAAA broadens coverage for many individuals.
- For connections with people with disabilities in your community, contact your local Center for Independent Living.
- For information about activism, contact your local adapt organization.
- For information about how to get a job or get through school, contact your State Vocational Rehabilitation Program.
Disclaimer: The National Organization of Nurses with Disabilities (NOND) does not offer legal advice but NOND does offer resources to help you understand your rights, protections, and responsibilities within various Disability Rights Laws.